There are loads of countdown timer plugins out there. Most look a bit goofy with large displays emulating old fashioned style mechanical digits.
If you want a simple text based countdown timer with a few different display options then Fast CountDown is perfect for your needs. It can be styled anyway way you choose using the WordPress text editor.
Here is an example of the timer looping styled with bold H3 and green text
days ::d h m s days hours mins secs
Add a unique countdown timer to each page
Cookie to each visitor or set to a fixed date
Redirect on expiry
Three different display formats
Loop to start when timer expires (perfect for dime sales)
Works with any page builder including Thrive, OptimizePress and BeaverBuilder
You are just a minute away from your new simple text based countdown timer! Here are some steps to help you install it.
After downloading Fast Countdown, go to your WordPress page editor. The Fast Countdown appears in your WordPress edit toolbar. So you can choose any page, where you want to display your countdown timer. For example, you want Fast Countdown to appear in your Home Page, enter your Home Page’s edit mode in WordPress and you will find the Timer Icon in your editor toolbar.
2. Fast Countdown appears in your Editor.
3. Click on the Timer icon to see the settings.
4. Select a countdown type. Select “For Visitors,” for example you want to add cookie for each visitor. Select “To a Fixed Date,” if you are aiming for a date.
5. Insert duration. Place a suffix after you enter a number: Days=d, Hours=h, Minutes=m, Seconds=s.
6. Enter you redirect URL after countdown timer stops. Click Loop if you want to loop through Fast Countdown and restart it again until visitor cancels or close the page.
7. Select the display type and click Insert.
8. It will insert a source code in your Editor. You can add text above or below it then your Fast Countdown timer is now ready. If you like, enter Preview mode to check how it looks.